Use case customization
The Open5GCore is designed in a very flexible manner to enable customized deployments for specific use cases, considering the expected dimensions and communication environment. For each use case customization, the following operations have to be executed:
- Integration with 5G/4G radio equipment – Open5GCore has a long track of integration with standard RAN equipment from a large number of radio providers. Furthermore, due to the flexibility of the implementation, it is very easy to adapt and interoperate with non-standard radio components.
- Integration with end-user equipment – one of the points in the proper development of use cases is the integration of the local end-user equipment. This could be done, by either installing the use case applications within 5G/4G devices, creating new use case specific devices or by retrofitting the use case devices to the 5G/4G modems.
- Integration with use case specific applications – Open5GCore can integrate with IP and non-IP applications, through this covering the expected communication data paths for the most of the use cases. Additionally, Open5GCore can terminate the connectivity in the location of the application servers making it convenient to support non-IP data paths.
Furthermore, Open5GCore can be configured for different scales of the testbed as well as in the form of multiple dedicated slices, customized for the different application requirements. With this the following features can be achieved:
- Low Delay data paths – enabling short end-to-end data paths with accelerated core network UPFs
- Enhanced broadband communication – extending the capacity of the core network to the capacity of the radio base stations
- NB-IoT and SMS like communication – enabling the transmission of short messages within control plane and exposed to the network as IP and non-IP