Fundamental 5G Core Network Functionality
Open5GCore Rel. 4 implements the essential features necessary for the end-to-end 5G system deployment and evaluation. Open5GCore Rel. 4 includes a set of new components addressing 5G Standalone Core Network which were developed separately from the previous EPC components. Through this, a genuine 5G core network can be used as parts of the testbeds.
Open5GCore Rel. 4 includes for the first time 3GPP Release 15 functionality, grouped in a Minimal Viable Product (MVP):
- Implementation of new components which are meant to be deployed in parallel with the 4G core network: AMF, SMF, NSSF and NRF
- Integration with the 5G NR using the 5G interfaces [N1, N2, N3], including a new implementation of 5G NAS and NG-AP protocols
- Implementing control-user plane split with PFCP [N4]
- First implementation of Service based Architecture features [HTTP/2, OpenAPI, REST] applied for a basic implementation of UDM and NRF.
- Initial implementation of NSSF supporting also DÉCOR
- Simulation for testing (no radio) including 5G UE and gNB simulation