Fundamental 5G Core Network Functionality
Open5GCore Rel. 7 implements the essential features necessary for the end-to-end 5G system deployment and aligned with 3GPP Release 15 and 16. Open5GCore Rel. 7 includes a set of new components addressing 5G Standalone Core Network which were developed separately from the previous EPC components. Through this, a genuine 5G core network can be used as parts of the testbeds.
Open5GCore implements the features necessary for the end-to-end 5G system trials and validation:
- Implementation of 5G core network: AMF, SMF, AUSF, UDM, NRF, UPF
- Integration with the 5G NR using the 5G interfaces [N1, N2, N3], 5G NAS and NG-AP
- Implementing control-user plane split with PFCP [N4]
- SBA Control Plane [HTTP/2, OpenAPI, REST]
- Interoperating with many 5G NR SA base stations and UEs
- Interoperating with external NFs/AFs over HTTP/2 or HTTP1.1
All main procedures are supported:
- Registration, Deregistration, PDU Session Establishment
- Service Activation & Deactivation, Paging, Mobility Update
- N2 handovers
Testing (no radio) includes 5G UE and gNB SA Simulation.